Featured DIY Articles
Outlining your eaves and windows and festooning your trees and shrubbery with decorative lights is a sure way to enliven your home for the holidays. Hang holiday lights like a pro in two hours or less with these expert step-by-step tips for planning, choosing, and hanging Christmas and holiday lights.
Why We’re Experts
Don Vandervort writes or edits every article at HomeTips. Don has:
• Over 30 years’ experience as a remodeler and builder.
• Written more than 30 home improvement books.
• Served as Senior Editor at Home Magazine
• Appeared as a segment host on HGTV’s “The Fix” for 3 seasons.
• Been a featured expert on MSN.com, US News, and many others.
• Learn more about the trusted HomeTips brand!
In This Article: Buying the Best Portable Emergency Generator Setting Up a Portable Generator How to Run an Emergency Generator Maintaining a Portable Generator When
Other Featured Topics
Top Seasonal Content
Best Buying Advice
Is your floor so bouncy or springy that the tile or stone surface is cracking? Does your wood floor bend or sag beneath your feet?
Garden stairs provide transitions between level in your yard. Here are some great ideas for different materials and designs you can try. In This Article:
Expert advice, including videos, on how to replace a central air conditioner’s capacitor and contactor when a central AC unit doesn’t work at all. If
In This Article: Appliance Repairs Heating & Cooling Plumbing Repairs If You Need A Pro Here we cover a number of common home repairs that